Stacy updates the family about our son’s development with an occasionally updated blog. In the most recent post, she realized a striking similarity between toddler playgrounds (new for her) and dog parks (where she’s been going for years).
1. Everyone is there because walks around the block just arenâ€™t enough stimulation and exercise.
2. In general, you get to know the kidsâ€™ names long before you get to know the parentsâ€™ â€“ if you ever do.
3. There are cliques of parents who are local regulars, and who arenâ€™t enthusiastic about chatting with parents from Other Neighborhoods.
4. On a weekday, more than half of those playing are there with â€œprofessional handlersâ€ while their parents are at work.
5. Some of those playing are food-motivated and have good recall if youâ€™re holding a treat. (this is not Jules)
6. Others are ball-obsessed. (this is Jules)
7. Itâ€™s time to go when your companion just wants to lay down in the sand.
8. A good run around the park means a big drink of water before heading home for a nap.